Wednesday, September 5, 2012

2 Months!

Matthew,

You turned 2 months old this weekend - holy cow, little boy!  Time is flying by!



I cannot be more thankful of how easy and wonderful you are.  You're really helping me have more time to spend with your big brother.  He's not having a super great time adjusting to you - he loves you a lot but sharing his mommy & daddy's attention with you is hard for him.  He's having quite a few tantrums and yucky moments, so I'm always so grateful how easy you are that gives me the time to help Ben through his bad moments.

You eat about every 2 hours during the day.  A normal feeding session for you is anything longer than 15 minutes.  Some times you're done right at 15 minutes, some times you go a half hour, but usually it's some where in the 15 to 20 minute time frame.  Then you're good to go til the next time.  You have two big sleeps each day, I'm so blessed that you & Ben nap at the same time.  I get Ben down for his nap at about 12:30, then I nurse you and get you down for your nap at about 1:00.  The both of you usually sleep til 3:00 or 4:00.  Your next big sleep comes some time in the 9:00 hour.  I nurse you, you are wide awake to play & play and play and then daddy puts you to bed where you sleep at least 4 hours.  Some times you go longer (one night you did 8 & 1/2 hours and on Monday night you slept 9 & 1/2 hours!), but we can usually count on 4-5 hours at night.



Tuesday morning we had your 2 month check up.  You didn't enjoy your appointment - you were hungry when we got there, then we made you get on the scale and you didn't like that... poor guy!  You aren't as big as I thought, but I think you've grown more than we can prove.  I'm almost 100% positive they measured you wrong at the hospital - you've only grown an inch since you were born and I know that's wrong.  You've grown at least 2, if not 3 inches but no way to know for sure.  Your height and weight are pretty average but your head is some what big.  Did you get the Beesley Bean from your cousin Shea?  ;)  I think you & Ben did...

You love to smile and you're starting to coo more.  I'm so excited to see what the next month brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment