Last time I really did an update, I posted about Ben's 1st day of preschool. He is LOVING it. He is not pleased to see me when I come to pick him up after lunch. I'm so glad we made the choice to send him, I think it's working very well for him.
They did an assessment on him and he did very well. According to their worksheet, by the end of 36 months (3 years) he should be able to recognize:
- shapes: circle, oval, square, triangle, rectangle, diamond, star & heart. According to them, he's mastered all but circle, triangle, rectangle & diamond (which, I don't agree with - Ben knows circle, triangle and diamond. I'm not sure how the assessment is performed, so I don't know why he didn't get it correct when they asked him)
- colors: brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, black. He is still working on purple (he often calls it pink) and black (which he often calls brown)
- count out loud to 10
- sing the ABC's
- walk up stairs with alternating feet
- put on shoes
- open door by twisting knob
- turn pages in a book one page at a time
- play with other children for a few minutes
- repeat common rhymes
- use 3-5 word sentences
- use the toilet
- express affection openly
- express a wide range of emotions
- jump up
- name 6 body parts
- build a tower of 4 blocks
- wash & dry hands
- sit for a story
- sing songs and participate in finger play
- put together simple puzzles
- hold a crayon and make marks
|Hannah & Emma stayed the night - they had fun covering themselves in every available burp rag they could find...|
Other than that, things are mostly the same around here. Nick hasn't been asked to travel again, so my fingers are crossed that he doesn't. I really dislike it when he's gone (and I know he does, too). It's hard on Ben - before he was clueless but now he knows and he doesn't like it. I got an opportunity to make some money from home that I'm really excited by. A mom in my mommy group has an Etsy business and since the birth of her 2nd baby, she hasn't been able to keep up with her shop. She hired me and another mama to help her with some sewing prep work. I'm really excited and kind of nervous - excited for the extra cash but nervous that she'll think I suck and not want to use me any more. Hopefully that doesn't happen! I'm going over tomorrow to talk about the work and get started. Wahoo!
I finished Ben's little 1st year scrapbook and I heart it a bunch. :) Now I'm working on a regular sized (12x12) book for his 2nd year but I'm slightly stumped. Before I started the mini book, I had already scrapped his first birthday on to 12x12 layouts.... obviously I didn't include those in his 8.5x8.5 book but I'm not sure what to do with those pages. Stick them at the beginning of his 2011 book?
|why, yes, those are bat jammie pants... Ben's new thing is insisting on jammie pants at nap time|
So there you go. An update. Of sorts.