Monday, January 21, 2013

Menu Plan Monday.

Whew.  It's been awhile since I did one of these!  I'm hoping to get back into posting a bit more regularly - having two kiddos is a lot more work than I bargained for!

Visit Org Junkie's Menu Plan Monday for more menus
Monday: Meatloaf with green beans & mashed potatoes with gravy
Tuesday: Honey Orange Pork Tenderloin with
Wednesday: Honey, Lemon & Rosemary Grilled Chicken with baked beans & salad
Thursday: Tortellini Soup (I don't make mine quite like this.  I should post a recipe/picture of my version) with breadsticks & salad
Friday: Pizza night (I'm planning to get a Papa Murphy's delite pizza)
Saturday: Slow Cooked Chili Lime Chicken Tostadas
Sunday: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna with salad

So, I don't make new years resolutions.  I never really have.  I figure I'm working on myself all year: working towards goals, redefining goals, etc.  I've never felt the need to let the start of a new calendar entice me to make a bunch of off the cuff promises to myself.

This year is mostly the same yet a little different.

No resolutions, really.

One of the ladies in my mom's group posted a 20 Week Challenge: she wants to lose some pregnancy weight and had a goal of losing 20% of her total weight within a 20 week time line.  I thought - perfect.  I've been itching to get more healthy, attempt to get somewhat fit and while I don't have any "pregnancy" weight to lose, it isn't difficult to see that I am overweight and could stand to lose some.  So I joined & I made Nick do it, too.

Then I went and joined Weight Watchers.  I did WW a few years ago briefly and it was okay.  It's kind of time consuming, figuring out how many points each little morsel is and making sure you track and account for each of those little morsels.  At the same time, it's kind of worth it.  I haven't really overhauled our eating habits too much, but I am way more mindful of how much I'm eating.  I've been on WW and the 20 Week Challenge for 2 weeks now and I'm down 5 pounds.

This morning, I got up early and let Jillian Michael's kick my butt for 15 minutes of her 30 Day Shred.  Tomorrow I'll do 20 minutes.

find me! 
: : facebook 
: : pinterest 
: : instagram 

No comments:

Post a Comment