Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday Update

Well, I had my 18 week appointment yesterday. We were kind of hoping that we'd get to do the ultrasound and get to announce if we were having a boy or girl, but it's too soon. My doctor doesn't prefer to do them so early as they aren't reliable, so we're going to do it next time I go in which is August 11th. Slightly disappointed, but not too much. I pretty much expected we wouldn't get to know, but was hoping for a pleasant surprise.

The heartbeat was good, my blood pressure is still good and I've lost a pound. :-) This part concerned the doctor a bit - she wants to make sure I'm getting enough to eat. I assured her that I'm not "dieting" - seriously you should see me eat - but I am trying to limit the amount of weight I put on right now. I know it's coming and I don't want to get too heavy before the baby gets here (I actually want to LOOK pregnant and not just super fat). So far since I've been pregnant I've lost about 6 pounds (a day and a half of non-stop vomiting accounts for 5 of it).

So last time I blogged I mentioned I'd read the first Twilight book. Yeah. This has become a full blown OBSESSION. I've now read all 4 books and am on my 2nd trip through them. My favorite, by far, is Eclipse. I felt let down by Breaking Dawn because it was too much all at once. New Moon was my least favorite because Edward wasn't in it. I'm also obsessing over the guy that plays Edward in the movie, Robert Pattinson. This makes me feel slightly like a skeezy cougar, he's 23!, but ladies. Come on. He's delicious. :-)

Anyway, Nick's been forbidden to tease me about my newest obsession. I spend a lot of time alone at night and this keeps my mind off of other unpleasant things in my life that I will not air on my blog. I'm thinking of asking Connor to go with me to see New Moon when it comes out in November but I'm not sure my big ol' pregnant self can sit through a movie. I really want to see it and I don't want to drag Nick to it, but I know Connor likes the books. I haven't asked him yet, because I'm not sure it's smart to spend $10 on a movie that I'm going to spend 1/2 of in the bathroom. LOL!

My car should be ready some time this week. I can't wait! I hate this rental car and I miss my car. I'm hoping it's done today or tomorrow.

Well, I think that's it. Nothing too exciting to report at this point. :-)

1 comment:

  1. I'm not that big on Robert Pattinson. I much rather prefer the guy that plays Jacob (without the long hair though). Yum. :-P

    ReplyDelete