Thursday, April 15, 2010

Stuff.

Holy cow, time is just F.L.Y.I.N.G by!!! Today Ben is 4 months old. Just slightly over a year ago, I found out I was pregnant (I giggled like a lunatic for the rest of the day after I found out) and look where we are now!! Nick's got his associates degree and a spiffy job, our baby boy brightened our lives and makes every day an adventure! I quit my job and am spending my time being a full time mommy and attempting to make myself more crafty. All pretty wild stuff for 369 days since I took that little bitty test. :)

Tomorrow is Ben's 4 month check up and I'm both super excited for it and completely dreading it. I'm excited because for once, I actually have questions and I'm eager to talk to the doc about them and I want to see how much he's grown! I'm dreading it (dreading, dreading, DREADING) because it's time for more vaccines and...ugh. Last time sucked. Not only does Ben sob and sob and sob (which in turn, makes ME want to sob) but sleep was awful. I have a plan, though. Tomorrow I'm going to nap when he does and hopefully if he has another sleepless night like he did last time he had shots, I'll be a bit more rested for it.

On Tuesday Nick's mum gets here. My dad accepted a new position with another company and left for Chicago today for a week long of training. No one wants my mom by herself and I can't go stay with her like I would have before, so she's flying Nick's mum out for company. She'll be here til the 27th and stay with my mom til Friday night or Saturday and then spend the rest of the time at our house. That reminds me that I have to wash sheets in the guest room...

We had a great weekend - on Thursday I went over to play Bunco again and had a nice time. I didn't win (ohhhhh I sucked....can you "practice" rolling dice???) but still had a fun time!! Friday we had dinner over at my parents house to celebrate Nick's birthday and ate out on the deck - we are having such fantastic weather; I love it!!! Saturday was Nick's birthday so I made Nick breakfast in bed (french toast and scrambled eggs with coffee), we went to the park, had dinner at Pizza Hut (such a glamorous birthday dinner...we wanted to go try Gino's in their new location but apparently Nick's birthday fell on Prom weekend this year, so Gino's was PACKED), and then Victor & Tiffany came over and we had some drinks on our deck and enjoyed a fire in our fire pit. Today we mostly just lounged - we did take my dad to the airport and had lunch with my mom but that's about it as far as activities go.

Other than Ben's appointment and Nick's mum here, not too much planned for this week. We're going to a birthday party on Saturday but since Nick's mum will be here, I don't expect we'll stay very long. I still haven't got around to making that project I mentioned in my last blog but I have time....if I ever get fabric shopping and find that sewing machine that is!!!

That's my update! Not my usual novel but I'm getting tired and think I'll head off to bed. Big day tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment