Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cider Glazed Chicken & Vegetables


Tonight we were supposed to have spaghetti but I feel like we just ate that (even though we didn't) so I swapped it with tomorrow's dinner, which was chicken stirfry. I knew I wanted to use up a package of stir fry veggies that I'd had in the freezer for awhile but that's really as far as I knew what I was making. As I was steaming the rice, I got to looking at the back of the veggie package and the recipe looked good, so we gave it a try.

It was pretty good! I'd totally make it again - only I'd make it with fresh veggies instead of frozen, which is why I'm copying the recipe down here so I can remember it later. :)

From the back of the Flav-R-Pac package:
  • 2 tsp Vegetable oil
  • 4 boneless chicken breasts
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
  • 2 tbsp melted butter
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp cornstarch
  • 2 tsp dijon-style mustard
  • Flav-R-Pac Yellow Carrot Stir Fry
In a large skillet, heat oil over hight heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cooked 3 minutes per side.
In a small jar combine cider, butter, brown sugar, cornstarch and mustard; shake to blend. Add to pan and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes while stirring.
Add vegetables and cook an additional 5 minutes stirring gently halfway through cooking time.
Makes 4 servings.

I wasn't too sure how it was going to taste but I loved it! Even Ben gobbled it up, and I was sure I was going to have to figure out something else for him to make.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment