In any case, fall is here and this year I'm going to be putting my crock pot to work. It's simply too hard to try to prepare a meal with Ben underfoot. That child... I tell ya. He'll be off doing his own thing, but the moment I attempt to even begin doing anything even remotely related to food preparation, he comes running and insists on me picking him up. If it can't be assembled during nap time or thrown together during the 10-15 minutes Baby Einstein will hold his attention - it ain't getting made in this house lately.
So, the point of this post. I thought I'd share some of my favorite crock pot recipes. And perhaps solicit some of yours? Expand my repertoire perhaps? Share and share alike? And all that jazz...
Without any further ado:
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken: this stuff is SO delicious. I serve it over plain white rice. Nick wrapped his in a corn tortilla and said it was equally as delicious.
- Taco Soup: one of the yummiest soups I have ever made. Disclaimer: I've never actually made the crock pot version of this - it's pretty simple to throw together and is ready in 20 minutes if you do it stove top
- Black Bean Soup: yum. absolutely yum. It looks pretty gross (at least, I think) but it's really delicious.
- Chili: I don't really have a recipe for chili. I just throw all my stuff in and do my spices by taste. This is a pretty good one, if you want to follow a recipe.
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken: I actually make the chicken, shred it and serve it with extra sauce on a bun.
- Slow Cooker Applesauce Chicken: Okay... to be honest... I didn't much care for this one. Nick really did though, so that's why I'm sharing it. I thought the chicken was way too dry. Probably cooked longer than it should have.
- Stew: Again, no recipe. I just buy your standard stew ingredients and eyeball it as I make it.
I'm excited to try a crock pot lasagna next week. Hopefully it turns out well!
So, do share. What sorts of yummies do you cook up in your crock pot?