Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Halloween!

So let's pretend that I'm not blogging about something that happened over a month ago.... ;)

Halloween kicked off the start of the crazies at our house.  First, we had the trunk or treat I organized for my mommy group.  It turned out so much cooler than I could have imagined - the mom's that donated their trunks did such amazing jobs.

And here begins the craziness.  The day of our trunk or treat, I received a phone call from the hospital saying they had my grandma as a patient - she'd fallen earlier in the day and broken her hip.  She was due to go in for surgery in a few hours and the nurse finally convinced my granny that some one (family) should be there for her.  This made me late to the trunk or treat (my own event - UGH) and because of my panic/stress over granny, being late and frustrated with myself, my mood was less than ideal.  Ben must have picked up on that because we only got to stay for the event for like 15-20 minutes before we entered melt down and multiple time outs.  And this started our downward spiral of the yucky behavior we'd nearly gotten rid of back in April.

Anyway, I dressed by boys in matching costumes.  Instead of going to the consignment store and getting a barely used costume for $5, I went to Target and was looking at their $20+ costumes and I could not make myself pay $30 for a really poorly constructed, nearly sheer costume tat would surely be ruined by the end of Halloween.  Since I needed Ben in his costumes for about 4 events, I wanted something that would last.  I discovered Ben could still wear the fluff, designed for babies costumes (they went up to size 2T, I think, but he was able to fit in it, so it's a generous 2T).  I decided I'd rather pay $20 on a fluffy costume that would keep him warm and last through multiple events than $20 on a cruddy one.  So Ben was a monkey and his little brother was his banana.


We went trick our treating in our subdivision.  Ben had so much fun.  He said "trick or treat" and "thank you" at each door, loved ringing the bell and only got scared/worried at a few houses.  We just did our best to remind him that it's just decorations and none of it was real and that seemed to help a little.  He was super accepting that his bucket of candy went up on top of the fridge and he could only have a little bit of candy each day.  We're still working on it.  ;)  I'd wager 30-40% of his candy got dumped into our candy bucket and the rest he's been getting a piece each every other day or so (basically as he asks) since.

And that was our Halloween!  You know, over a month later... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment