Monday, November 17, 2008

Life

Well, I just realized it's been a week since I blogged. Not a lot has been going on, but a few things. First, we went to Trans-Siberian Orchestra on the 10th. That was both awesome and awful. The first like hour and a half was kind of slow. They do a really amazing light show along with their concert. The first half was some really great music with really cool lights mixed in with some really slow and annoying narrator dude and some really slow music. The second hour and a half really picked up. More fast paced music, more intense lights, etc. If we go again, I'd really consider skipping the first half!!!

on Wednesday we found out that my grandma (my mom's mom) had a stroke and fell at her apartment. She broke her foot and a finger when she fell from her stroke. She attempted to call my mom once - but mom wasn't home - and she didn't call anyone else. She waited quite a while before finally calling her landlady to come unlock the door so granny could call the paramedics. Apparently her stroke was not as minor as we all believed - she was hospitalized until Saturday and now she's at a rehabilition factilty, working to regain control of her body from the stroke. She's apparently giving my mom quite a bit of trouble and is just being a general pest. I'm afraid she won't be allowed to live independently after this. She's not making sound judgement calls.

Our weekend was pretty tame. Saturday we cleaned out the office/guest room. Threw away 3 bags of crap, have another bag of donations/garage sale items and I found a ton of things for Christmas gifts. Saturday evening Nick had a few classmates over for a study session - finals are this week!

Sunday after the Packer game (we won!), we headed out grocery shopping and then I laid on the couch the rest of the day. I haven't been feeling well recently - I probably picked up a bug when I was at the emergancy room w/ mom. Yay.

Well, that's about it for my update. Nick's parents will be here next week (on Tuesday). I can't believe we're nearing the end of November already. HOLY CRAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment