Holy cow, it feels like just yesterday that I wrote the post for 9 months. I can't believe 2 months from today, he'll be 1 year old. :(
Not too much is different from last month, as far as skills go:
- Pulling up to stand on just about anything he can use for balance
- Making new sounds (ga-ga-ga is his newest sound)
- Casting things aside when playing with toys - it's very deliberate and super funny
- Stands in his crib (this isn't really new) and throws his binks on the floor (it's a bink graveyard when we go in to get him after nap time)
- Champion waver and does it really fast now. It used to take quite a bit of prompting to get him to wave back but now it does it almost instantly
- Transitioning from an army crawl to an all fours crawl. He's doing it more and more every day.
- Anywhere from 6-9 months to 18 months. It really depends on the brand and what he's wearing. Pants are most definitely 9 months (Children's Place & Baby Gap make pants in size 6 to 12 months that fit him awesome) otherwise they're much too short or much too long. Shirts are 9 months to 18 months (the 18 month ones are a bit baggy but fit).
- Size 4 shoe (but they're a bit loose, but any smaller is too little) and he doesn't really wear them at all.
- No hats. He pulls them off. I have to find hats with a chin strap for winter.
- Just about anything. Loves: plain yogurt with applesauce & cinnamon mixed in for breakfast; toast with mashed banana; tortilla; spaghetti; tortellini soup; avocado with mashed banana; any veggie (but not super excited by potatoes and HATES peas); toast; Cheerio's...not a big fan of chicken yet.
Still waiting for:
- Teeth (I keep thinking he's totally teething but...nothing yet!)
- First words (he says "mama" and "dada" but I think I've said before that I really don't think he's directing them at us)
- Standing on his own
People remark on:
- That his hair is darkening up (and it is getting kind of long for him - he has total bed head after naps)
- His friendliness