Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye, 2008!

Well, tomorrow is the last day of 2008. Is any one else ready to kick it out the door? I am! 2008 hasn't been bad, but it wasn't great either.

My friend Ashely had her second child, a baby girl, named Abigail Faith. Nick & I got to meet her when we drove up to Seattle to visit. It was good to see everyone! George (Ashley's husband) was able to get out of going back to the Middle East due to some medical issues he has. I haven't talked to them in awhile, but I hear they're doing well.

I joined Positive Changes Hypnosis in June. It wasn't the radical change I was hoping it would be, but to their credit - that's all on me. I'm not as good about it as I was when I first started. I'm letting things slide in my life that I need to get back in control of.

Nick completed his first year of school and is doing so great. Only a year and a half left! YAY!

I joined the Scentsy team back in September, too. I'm experiencing quite a bit of disappointment with it as well. I wish it was going better for me, but I should have expected it to be slow as I don't really know any one here and the people I do know already know about Scentsy. My friend Susan also joined Scentsy in September and is doing so awesome with it in Ohio. I should take her up on her not so subtle suggestions to move to Ohio. I don't believe I've ever been to Ohio. I hear it's humid there. :-)

Nick's family took a trip to Europe in the spring to visit all the English/Irish relatives. We had to pass on the trip, but loved the photos and can't wait til we can go, too!

And, speaking of Nick's family - we got to see his parents for Thanksgiving. It was really nice to see them and show them a little bit of Idaho. Perhaps for their next visit, they'll come at a more hospitable time of year and we can show them more of Idaho.

My cousin, Erica, also had a baby girl (her 2nd baby, too!) named Liliana. She's so cute! I proud the things my cousins have done with their lives. Just recently, my cousins Julia & Megan took a trip to Egypt and did some wonderful work while they were there. I'm glad they had the opportunity to follow their hearts and get to see a bit of the world while they were at it.

I think I'm leaving stuff out but I'm tired and ready for bed.

Here's to a much better 2009! Perhaps the economy, housing market, etc will all rebound and be better than ever!

1 comment:

  1. It was great to read your post. It's a great way for us to catch up on what is going on in your life.

    2009 will be a great year, if we make it so. Not necessarily for the economy, as who knows what will happen there, but in our own lives. We can choose to reach our goals or not to reach our goals. Let's all make a huge effort to reach our goals and we will all feel so much better about ourselves.

    Great that Nick is doing so well at school, keep it up Nick.

    I am now just starting to read your blogs or posts or whatever you would call them, so it is quite interesting for me. I didn't really realise you were doing this so frequently. I will have to get myself more into this new age of computers and how people communicate with each other. I guess I'm still in awe of the phone and the fax (ha ha).

    It was great seeing you for Thanksgiving and your lovely home which is decorated so beautifully. Our Christmas was relatively quiet as I ended up with the flu for the second time this year, but I enjoyed it as much as I could. Just about over it now.

    Give my love to Linda and Dale and the rest of the family.

    Things will get much better, we all have a hand in making it so.

    Love Mum.

    ReplyDelete