Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Year


Well, dang it, it's almost time to get back to reality and go to work for a full week. It was so nice having 2 Friday's in a row off that I'm considering asking Greg if I can work 4 10's. That'll make for a super long day, but I would get the luxury of sleeping in on Friday morning. :-) Wouldn't that be great?

We rung in the new year by going out with some friends to a nightclub called Cowgirls. Of the clubs I've been too, I like Cowgirls the best because it's not a meat market like so many of them are. It's got a good feel and a nice crowd - you'll find every one from 21 year olds (and probably younger) all the way up to people in their 60's. I really do need to learn how to Two Step and then teach Nick. :-)

We really did have kind of a lazy weekend, which was way nice. Woke up late, kind of lounged around the living room before getting up to do much. Saturday we went out for a drive - no where in particular. We ended up finding a cute little antique store where we found some goodies. I plan on going back for sure!

This evening we went over to my brother's for dinner. We also attempted to play 6 handed pinochle, which is pretty hard! We'll figure it out. I think we should make more of an effort to do the family dinners, guys! That was nice. Next time you should come over to our house.

Did any of you make any new years resolutions? I've never really been one to wait til the new year to decide what I want to "fix" - I'm pretty much a work in progress. Nick & I are making more of an effort to work out a little bit every day. If we don't get up off our butts and do it, nothing will ever happen!!!

Well, not too much more to report. Lazy weekends make for boring blogs. Happy New Year every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment