Monday, January 26, 2009

I don't care what ya think as long as it's about me...

I'm listening to Fall Out Boy in my iPod - that's where the blog title came from. It always makes me smirk.

Anyway, it's been awhile since we blogged an update for ya. Nothing much really new, but I'm sure I can think of enough things to fill this blog up anyway.

First of all - we have a new layout! Isn't it cute? I love it. Black & white is my favorite. I got it from the cutest place (ad at the top) and it's so nice, because a lof of places that offer blog layouts completely overwrite your existing code so all that fun, doo-dad stuff I have at the right gets wiped out and I have to put it all back in. This place doesn't do that, so it's my new favorite.

Let's see...this past week was mid-term's for Nick. He's studying so hard and doing really well in school. I wish I had some extra moolah lying around that I could treat him to a mini-weekend get away vacation type of deal. We're trying to save every extra penny (we're not doing very well yet) because I need a new car. My old lady is dying. I'm hoping she hangs in there til tax time and I'm also hoping that we get decent returns so I can have a nice down payment on a nice, safe, 4 wheel drive vehicle. We're going to be smart car-buyers. We don't want a specific "type" - we want something safe, fuel effecient, roomy (so maybe a wagon or a small-sized SUV - we gotta be able to haul our camping gear around in it) and it should have 4 wheel drive (for those snowy winters and rough roads when camping!).

We saw Revolutionary Road (Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet) on Friday. After the movie, we weren't sure how we felt about it. It's completely not a feel good movie. Nick and I thought about that movie non-stop Saturday and we ended up having a huge talk Saturday evening - Susan told me she'd heard this movie changes your life and you know, I have to agree that it does. I'd say this movie is excellent for that alone. It's not a movie you can sit down and watch over and over, but I'd definitely say it's worth watching.

We've been spending quite a bit of time with the family recently, which is nice. Saturday we went over to my brother's house for dinner and games. Sunday we had my mom & dad over for dinner and games. We also decided last minute to host a Super Bowl Party - so if you're in the area and want to come, please do! It's BYOB and a snack/dish to share. I'll have a tasteful Scentsy display set out. :-) Maybe I'll get some sales?

Speaking of Scentsy - in Feb all stock will be 10% off. They're rolling out the Spring/Summer catalog on March 1st. If there are any scents you need, February would be a good time to order them at a savings. I know they're getting rid of some warmers as well - like the Americana & Bear Country. The Classic Collection will only have Satin Black, Chocolate, and Cream (so Ice Blue, True Red, Scentsy Green, Satin Navy, Scentsy Pink and Scenty Plum are going buh-bye). if you've been toying with getting of those, now would be the time. I may have an open house in mid-March to kick off the new catalog...I may not. :-) I'm considering closing my Scentsy business in March if I don't see an increase in sales. I didn't sell one single thing so far this month. I haven't had a Scentsy sale since mid-December. It's mostly my fault because I'm not promoting my business the way I should. Oh well. We'll see.

Well, I can't think of anything new. We haven't been doing a whole lot. I'll keep you updated!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to MAKE My mom order her scentsy order from you this month. I will talk to her tomorrow night and get back to you. :-)

    Glad to hear you guys are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete