Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Creative Title

My brain just can't come up with something funny, clever or witty at the moment. And "Another Update" is just well...blah.

Anyway - greatest news! As I may have mentioned before, Nick's brother Rob and his wife, Tara, are expecting their second baby this fall. Tara found out today that they're having a girl! The first Beesley daughter in who knows how long. I'm excited - I simply adore baby clothes and baby girls clothes are so much more fun to shop for than baby boy clothes (although...several of my friends have recently had girls and I find myself stocking up on stuff for Ben when I go shopping for girl things specifically...hmm...).

I also mentioned in previous posts that I'd hoped to have more creative driven posts for you to ponder in the future. I have been a bit crafty: I've done a St. Paddy's Day shoot with Ben where I made the little sign I posed him with; I've made (and sent off) a few cards; baked a bunch and worked on Ben's baby book some more. I just sent Susan off a box of home made goodies (some of the Peanut Butter Blossoms from my prior post and then a surprise...I'll share it with you after she gets the box - I took pictures like the twit that I am).

I ventured out of the house last week and did something characteristically un-Sarah. I was invited to play Bunco by a girl I'd met twice with a bunch of other women I'd met maybe once or twice before. I almost said no and then I said to Nick "I'm such a brat - I sit here and complain that I don't know many people since we moved here and then I get the opportunity to go do something and meet new people and my first reaction is to say 'no'" - so I went. It helped that Tiffany was going as well - and while we aren't like bestie best friends, I know her significantly better than any one else there. And you know what? I had a great time. It's a really lovely group of women...plus I won. If you know me, you know how much I love to win. HA!! I did have a good time and I hope I get the chance to go again.

I've been meaning to go check out this New Mom's Group that St Lukes offers for free. They offer it weekly at the St Lukes by my house and I thought I'd go today. I didn't. I made a lame excuse to myself and didn't go. I'm going to go next week. FOR. SURE.

I also want to locate my sewing machine, fix it if it really is broken (and I think it is) and then re-learn how to use it (there's a class at JoAnne's for free for this!). I have a project I want to do for a specific baby girl that's being born in Florida in October and if I start it now, I just might actually get it accomplished by the time she's born (there's also a free class at JoAnne's for the project I want to do!). We'll see.

Can't say I'm missing work really at all. I wondered if I would. I do get bored, when Ben is sleeping. I find myself spending entirely too much time in front of my computer, waiting for Facebook to update. I should take advantage of the time Ben is asleep or playing by himself (like now, for example) and do things around the house. The problem I'm having, though, is that every time I start a chore, I think of all the things I want to do around the house that we no longer really have the money to do. Last week I did go in for about 3 hours every day (brought Ben with me) to help out since one of the ladies was out of the office. It was nice to get out of the house and actually do something and I'll really enjoy the money but... :-) Can't lie and say I missed it or was sad when the week was up!! :-p

So what's new with Ben? Not too much since the last time I posted. He's a talker and is getting louder and experimenting more with his sounds. He's really discovered his hands and you'll probably find them in his mouth. Or anything he can maneuver into his mouth. I feel like I should be doing something to teach him something. I know that he needs the time to play and observe on his own, but I feel like I should also be spending time teaching him things. I'm not sure what that is... He eats like, nonstop recently during the day. I swear he eats about every 45 minutes to an hour if he's not napping. Nights are getting better - he usually has 2 feedings after he's down for the night: one around midnight or so and the other around 3:00 or 4:00 and then he's up for the day around 7:00 or 8:00. I'd sure like to get rid of one of those feedings...all in due time, I know. I'm way excited to start feeding him food other than milk or formula. Not that I'm in any rush to stop nursing, I'm just excited for him to experience new tastes and textures.

Well, I thought I had more but I can't think of it now. It'll probably come to me after I hit "publish post" in the blog...

No comments:

Post a Comment