Monday, July 18, 2011

19 Months.


19 months. Holy cow. I say it every time, but I really can't believe how fast it's going by. I wish I could slow down time, just a little. Of course, I'm eager for some phases to pass (like this tantrum and random hitting of people on the playground...) but he's already so big.

He got sick on Thursday, threw up about every 15 or 20 minutes from 6:00ish til almost mid night. I thought it was awful last time he had this kind of bug, but this was worse. Listening to your little boy say "no, no, no" tearfully as he's throwing up or say "all done, all done" was torture. As I was cuddling him, though, I noticed how big he's gotten. I used to be able to fit the whole of him in the crook of my arm. Now his legs spill off my lap.

How ever much he's getting to be a big boy, he's still little and I'm reminded of that every time he throws a fit because something didn't go the way he wanted it to. As much as his vocabulary has grown (and boy, has it grown), he still has a ways to go before he can communicate with us as well as we'd like him to.

Nothing too much has changed since I posted his 18 month one. He's talking more and more - he now fairly consistently says water and all done, rather than signing. He's more likely to repeat a word you've said, if you ask him to, than he was before. He says "buh-bye" in the cutest, sweetest little voice.

He's getting a little more stubborn. We try to keep him out of the laundry room, mainly because it's where the cat litter box is and also because it's the way out to the garage. You'll notice I said "try" - he had more time outs yesterday than he's had in his whole little life, from running and getting in that room. I'm not sure how else to explain to him that it's not a game.... :)

We've put away his booster seat for the table because he won't sit in it. He'll have a few bites of food and say "all done" but if we let him sit at the chair like a big boy, he'll eat almost all of his food. the next trick is convincing him to stay on his knees or bottom. He'd rather stand...

So, I think that's it for my update! It's not all that different from last month, just adding in more and more words to his vocabulary. Sleeping habits are still the same. :) I can't believe next month he'll be 4 short months away from turning 2. HOLY. CRAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment