Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Paint.


Oh, Ben, we had a good time this morning. We took a break from our Mama Vs. The Bink War (more on that in another post) and had some fun painting. On Saturday I stopped at Hobby Lobby and picked up a good sized canvas and some acrylic paints. I chose red, blue & green paints. Yesterday afternoon, I worked out how I wanted the phrasing to be cut with my Cricut and after you went to bed, I cut it out on some vinyl. Daddy helped me get it transferred over to the canvas and this morning we painted!

Mama found the inspiration (Katie at Explanation Required) for this project on Pinterest and I marked it as something to do later. As I said before, I picked out red, blue & green paints but when we got out the paints this morning, I chose 3 different blues and a green. I didn't realize just how similar our painting looked to the inspiration painting until just now, when I re-visited the blog so I could link to our inspiration. Oops. Imitation is the best form of flattery? Ha ha.

I set out the canvas for you on some old ads and squirted some paint onto a paper plate. You very delicately dipped one finger in the paint and smeared it on the ads, rather than the canvas. I got you to start making marks on the canvas but it was slow going. I decided to ditch the finger paint route and got out a sponge brush for you to use - you really liked that. You also liked it when I painted your hand (I guess it tickled, ha ha) to leave your hand print on the canvas as well.

I love the work you created! Mama only helped a very little bit. While you were washing your hands in the sink, I peeled off the vinyl lettering to reveal the white spaces beneath. I love it! I can't wait to hang it in your room. :)


Love,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for letting me know that you were inspired by our project. I love what you and Ben did! He's got a really beautiful smile and the handprint is so cute!!

    P.S. I also love that you blog directly to him. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete