Monday, January 16, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


{Linking up with Org Junkies Menu Plan Monday}

Last week was an odd week. Thursday I was so sick almost all day - dinner just didn't happen. I saw our local Papa John's was running a $10 pizza, breadstick and soda deal, so I had Nick pick that up on his way home. Friday was our busy day having lunch & visiting the cemetery - circumstances would have it that Nick didn't have the car in the afternoon & the time I would have been using to prepare dinner was hauling him home, so we ate out. Naughty. As such, we have two repeats on this weeks menu. I cooked all out of order last week, ha ha, but other than those two nights, I stuck to our planned meals. That home cooked chili on Saturday was so yummy.

So here's our plan for this week:

Monday: Italian Sausage Risotto
Tuesday: Fajita Ranch Chicken Wraps
Wednesday: Spaghetti (I've been on a spaghetti feeding frenzy with this pregnancy - I swear I'm going to gain 100 lbs)
Thursday: Tamale Casserole
Friday: Breakfast for dinner - hash browns, scrambled eggs & sausage
Saturday: Burritos
Sunday: Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Cinnamon Yam Mash

Last week I made a new recipe: Beef With Broccoli and wanted to review it briefly. I think it might have been really delicious, if I had not messed up the directions. I was on a roll, adding stuff to my sauce and I should have stopped after adding sherry (which I actually didn't add - I didn't have any). Instead, I added the 3 tbsp of veggie oil to the sauce. Giant huge mistake. I had to put in more oil in the pan to keep the meat/sauce from sticking so this was a huge oily mess. Yuck. Nick really liked it, I had a hard time choking it down. I think I'll wait til after baby comes to try again and this time pay attention to the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment