Tuesday, March 13, 2012

22 Weeks & Other Randoms...

Man, I don't know about you guys, but I am not loving this week so far. This time change... wow. So far bed time and morning wake times have been good. We've adjusted Ben's bed time from 7:30 to about 8:00ish so far and I'll continue to move that back up to his normal time as the week goes on. I'm loving him sleeping in a little - he's usually up by 6:30 or so and so far this week, he's "slept in" til almost 8:00.

Naps on the other hand... dang. Yesterday I put him down by his normal time according to the clock. His internal clock said "no thank you" and proceeded to play for about 2 hours before finally going to sleep and sleeping til nearly 5:00. Today I pushed nap time back by about a half hour, 40 minutes and still... a battle to get him to sleep.

{car napping}

We're not having a great day, Ben & I. Last week he had a pretty terrific cold that made sleeping less than fantastic. He finally recovered and we went out of town for the weekend to Walla Walla for a memorial service. We learned that Ben doesn't really nap well in the car anymore. I got 3 20 minute naps from him. 2 on the way down and 1 on the way home. Yuck. He did fairly well, for being cooped up for nearly 4 hours straight (we did stop half way both ways) and not having nearly enough sleep.

{last week, too tired to sit up and play}

This week, we're dealing with lagging from traveling and dealing with the stupid time change. In addition to that, Nick is out of town yet again. I'm getting really tired of this. When he interviewed for this job, it was my impression that there would be some travel. Some, to me, does not mean 2 weeks pretty much every month. That's a lot of travel to me. And I hate it. I hate him being gone, I hate the lack of support I get at home because I'm all by myself... I hate the lack of a break... and on top of it all, I'm left with a crabby toddler who is angry with me for some reason and finding it incredibly amusing to push all my buttons.

However, in bright & shiny news.... less than one month and we'll be in Florida! I'm SO looking forward to our vacation!! We'll be gone 9 days. I've purchased our plane tickets, tickets to Sea World, tickets to Busch Gardens and have no other plans than maybe an aquarium, LOTS and LOTS of beach time and our traditional meal at Caddy's On The Beach. I'm looking forward to relaxing, letting Anne completely and totally spoil my son and give my sanity a rest.

The end of the term is coming up for Ben at Tumble Time. I've decided I'm going to do one more term of this and if I can't figure out how to shape up his attitude by the end of the next term, I probably won't re-enroll him. It's not a whole lot of fun to be one of the only parents struggling to get their child to listen and do the activities. We used to have a lot of fun at the Little Gym and we haven't transitioned that well to Tumble Time. Ben is not interested in doing what the teacher says, when she says it. He loves to go and he loves to play, but he wants to do it on his own terms. I'm exhausted by the end of every class, trying to keep him in line.


{tooth fairy at Tumble Time}

This Wednesday also marks quitting diapers cold turkey ('cept for naps & night). I simply have to do it. He will never learn to pull down his pants to pee if I don't enforce it. I keep waiting for "the right time" and there is no right time. I will never have a month of no activities, no things I have to do out of the house to do it. It's going to be inconvenient and frustrating but it needs to be done. He's old enough, he gets the concept of going to the potty, he just needs to add in the extra element of going to the potty when he's wearing pants as well.

And for a baby update. No picture today (awww boo hoo), but here's my little questionnaire dealie:

I am: 22 weeks, 1 day
Baby is: approximately 11ish" head to toes and weighs about 1 pound. This is roughly the size of a spaghetti squash (which sounds really yummy right now... ha ha).
Total weight gain: I don't weigh myself at home, so I'm going to assume still just a half pound.
Maternity Clothes: from here to the end, baby
Sleep: better!
Cravings: still no cravings, which is totally different than last time
Best moment this week: mmm more movement.
Worst moment this week: nothing really, just some random leg cramps that are not so fun
Movement: more and more! Soon Nick should be able to feel... I think
Gender: boy
Labor signs: none, whew.
Belly button in or out? still in!
What I miss: being not prego. :/ it's true.
Milestones: nothing. I've been totally lazy. No names, no room planning... nothing

So that's it. I think. Peace out, girl scout!

No comments:

Post a Comment