Saturday, August 21, 2010

Spaghetti.

{12/21/2011: This was originally posted on a blog I started just for Ben. I no longer keep up with that blog, so I'm moving them all over to this one}

Today was a long and trying day for Ben. We asked a lot of him and he did such a good job. Ben was invited to a birthday party for a little girl turning 3 (I know her mother through the Bunco group I joined). The party started at 11:00. He napped prior to the party but was ready for another nap by 11:30. He didn't have one until after 3:00. Poor little guy. He made it through the whole party and a little bit of swimming - I set him in the pool to splash around but we only stayed a few minutes - he was done.



After that we came home and he napped for 2 hours and then ate a delicious spaghetti dinner. He made a MESS. It was smeared all over his face, in his hair, in his EAR, he rubbed his eyes with his spaghetti covered hands...I think it liked it, though. Didn't seem to have any trouble with the noodles at all!

No new real tricks as of the last few days, just getting better and better at the skills he recently learned. He's getting so fast with crawling and "chases" me a little bit. If I hide behind a door or a corner and peep out at him, he'll get very excited and crawl a lot faster in my direction. It's way funny. He's waving a lot more now - he doesn't do the open and closed hand wave that he used to very much any more, he just waves his whole arm now. He waves at his own reflection and at our shadows on the wall. He loves to eat toast - I have to limit the number of pieces he can reach because he's been stuffing 4 or 5 pieces in his mouth at once like a tiny chipmunk. He says both "mama" and "dada" but he's not directing those sounds at either of us yet, so I'm not counting them as his first words.

I've been limiting the amount of time he spends with the pacifier lately. I noticed at the Little Gym class that he's the only one there that depends on it during the day (or at least during the class) and I don't want him to HAVE to have it to be calm, so I'm not clipping it to him any more. I still give it to him at bed time and some times in the car and he's been really good with out it.

No comments:

Post a Comment