Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New

{12/21/2011: This was originally posted on a blog I started just for Ben. I no longer keep up with that blog, so I'm moving them all over to this one}


  • Slapping his hand over his mouth while he makes noise. The only way I can think to describe the motion isn't very PC but oh well. Who am I offending on this little blog any way? It's the Indian "woo woo" noise. He just randomly started doing this in the car yesterday.
  • Clucking his tongue. Again, just randomly started doing it today.
  • Standing. He doesn't stand on his own at all yet (still very wobbly on his feet) but he loves to pull himself up to stand. I'm trying to encourage this skill as much as possible (though I'm sure I'll come to regret this soon).
  • Opening drawers. And out come the little drawer/door stoppers. In fact, I also bought a shorter trash can to fit under the sink. He plays in the recycle bin, too.
  • Being naughty. His favorite thing to do is crawl right over to the outlets and play. They're covered with those stupid plastic outlet over deals but I still don't want him to think it's okay to play there. I shout "no" at him a lot now. He doesn't seem to care.
  • Pushing your hands away. This is a fairly new thing, as well. If he doesn't like what you're doing (like buttoning up his shirts, for example), he'll push your hands away. This is super annoying but I like that he's showing some personality and preferences. Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment