Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birthday.


Today I say: peace out, girl scout to my 20's. It was an interesting decade, that's for sure. In that decade I....

...took a couple of cool trips. We went to San Francisco, Florida, Scottsdale, Philadelphia (I did that one by myself for work), Green Bay... I don't know if I'm leaving any out, but I don't think so.
...started my first "adult" job
...made some truly fantastic friends
...bought my first house
...got a dog
...got married
...sold our house
...quit my job
...moved states
...bought a new house
...started a new job
...found my sister from another mister ;)
...watched my husband work hard for his associates degree
...had a baby
...quit another job :)
...had 3 nieces and 1 nephew born
...lost my mom
...made friends & gave them up
...finally had the time to find out who I am

In the last 10 years I've grown a lot. I don't think I'm the same person I was in 2001. I mean, essentially I'm ME but I've grown. I think I'm more mature. I'm certainly more dependable and probably very predictable.

I miss my mom a lot. Especially today. I know she would have called me or sent me an email or posted something on my Facebook (or all of the above) for my birthday. She would have made me a coconut cake if I'd asked for one and asked me what I wanted for my birthday dinner. She would have made me feel special and I would have taken advantage of having my mom there. I wish I had known last year. I would have tried to savor each moment.

But. Moving on to my 30's. I don't know what the future holds for me, but I'm certain it involves one more baby. I'm hoping it involves more good fortune, more money and better opportunities. I'm hoping that there's no more death (thought I don't think that wish will be coming true) and more celebration of LIFE.



No comments:

Post a Comment