Here's my mess:
This is what my kitchen/dining room looks like most of the day. I do clean it but that dang island is just a magnet for clutter. So what's going on in this picture?
- Well, the purple sheet over the chairs to the right of the picture isn't normally there. I made a fort for Ben. He didn't care about it.
- The hutch is pretty tidy, except for the birthday present that I need to wrap for tomorrow's party.
- Island = general clutter. There's an empty milk jug that I rinsed out for Nick to put his used motor oil in, a case of Coke, the baby monitor, a huge stack of magazines (from this morning, I was trying to find my coupon for $10 off at the Amazon Baby Store), Ben's high chair tray, and the dish that usually sits on top of the dining room table (moved for the aforementioned fort), Sadie's food & water so Ben doesn't play in it, an empty coffee cup and my phone
- Rest of the counters - I've got a pile of dirty dishes going in the sink, dinner in the crock pot, lunch stuff on the counter next to my computer along with my notebook, a magazine, bills, etc.
- Not to mention the random crap Ben finds to play with and then leaves on the floor. And the tiny culprit himself.
It looks pretty awful but it takes about 5 minutes to clean up. And even less time than that to get it looking just the same again. :)