Saturday, September 13, 2008

Eye Got Troubles....whoa-oh

So, I have an ouchie on my eye. Wedesday, I got up like normal, put in my contacts with my morning routine jazz and headed off to work. All day, it kept feeling like something was in my eye - I took my contact out, rinsed my eye, rinsed my contact and put it back in. Nothing felt better. I was at work and didn't really have a way to deal with it, so I ignored it best I could. That night when I got home, I threw my contacts away. It still felt like something was in my eye the rest of the evening.

Thursday I wore my glasses as my eye was still red and burning. I assumed it was because I had irritated it so much the day before. Now, I don't know how many of you know this, but my glasses are actually broken. The screw came out of the hinge on one side and the hole is apparently stripped as we can't get a new screw back in. I can wear them if I jam the two ends together, but it doesn't hold for long and eventually the stem falls off. I wrapped some tape around it yesterday and it isn't toooo noticeable and seems to be working fairly well.

So, Friday comes along and my eye is still red, watery and burning. I wore the glasses again and headed out to work. Susan yelled at me and told me to go to the doctor. I told her I would go into WalMart (where I normally have my exams and order contacts/glasses) after work and see if the doctor was on duty and could see me. If not, I would make an appointment. Amy came in to work and asked me about my eye. I told her it was no better and she MADE me call the eye doctor, while she was there and could make sure I did it. *roll eyes* She's such a mom. She gave me the number for the Eye Associates. I called them, but they didn't have any doctors on duty and he receptionist said I should probably have this looked at today and gave me the number for their on call doctor. I called that number and they tried to fit me in, but he was just booked. They set up an appointment for me with one of his associates out in Nampa.

I drove out to Nampa (my second trip there!) and am very grateful that Amy insisted I go right then. I have either a corneal infection or a corneal ulcer. Apparently it's difficult to diagnose, so we're treating it like it's a corneal ulcer. I'm to throw away the contacts (which I already did) and my case. i was given some drops, on Friday I had to use them once every 15 minutes for the first hour and then once an hour for the next two days. On Sunday I change to once every 2 hours and this will continue until I see the doctor again on Tuesday. I was also given Bacitracin (which has the consistency of Neosporin) that I put into my eye at bedtime. That's kinda yucky. I don't care for that at ALL.

So, I guess I'm going to see the doctor a total of 4 or 5 times before this is all clear. I'm forbidden to wear my contacts until he says otherwise, so I guess I'll be investing in some super glue to hold the stem on more firmly. It's super geeky with the tape.

Well, that's my update for now. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment