Monday, September 15, 2008

Feeling Discontent

Okay so I don't remember if I posted the changes that happened at work, so I apologize in advance if any of this is repeat news.

As you may remember from previous posts, things were kinda sucky at work. There was another gal at work that unfortunately wasn't pulling her weight and therefore the majority of the work landed on my desk. Finally, it got to the point where it was glaringly obvious that she wasn't working out (well, to everyone BUT her and for that I do feel bad) and she was let go. So now it's just me doing all the work. There used to be a gal that worked here when I first started and she left to go back to underwriting. She hinted at me a few months ago that she was unhappy in her new job - I think she was putting out feelers to see if my boss was interested in hiring her back. I guess the answer was NO and we just went on.

I would be freaking ECSTATIC if she came back. I liked her. She knows what she's doing. I could LEARN from her. She knows our system and our customers. I want nothing more than to walk in my bosses office and saying, "look, I don't really know what I'm doing. I feel like I haven't learned ANYTHING since Brenda left, and in fact, taken several steps backwards. I'm unhappy with the way things are going because I feel STUPID every day and I'm NOT stupid. If you don't hire her, I'm leaving, okay?"

But I won't. I know me. I talk a good talk. I speak good game. I'm a chicken on the inside with a fabulous imagination and will conjure up these great, dramatic scenes in which I pour out my heart - end up getting a raise, a bonus AND a car and my old coworker back and there will be blue birds and songs of happiness throughout the land.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment