Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Good Morning from Boise, here is your news:

It's time for an update! It's been a few days since I blogged, but I don't really have that much to talk about.

My Scentsy open house came and went. I got some great orders and am just waiting for a few more payments so I can put them all in. I got my debit card from the bank yesterday, so I'm good to go for everyone that gave me a check. I learned some new things about Scentsy that left me feeling really disappointed. Before I signed up, I asked all sorts of questions about my commitment to Scentsy and what would happen if I couldn't make that commitment. I understood that I only had to sell $150 in product in a three month period. If I couldn't, then I simply went inactive but I got to keep my kit. Sounded easy enough. Turns out that's not quite it. It's no $150 in three months. In three months, I have to have one month with a minmum of $150 in sales. I can't spread the $150 out among the 3 months. Also, if I got inactive, it's not as simple as just going inactive if I want to sign up again. Should I go inactive and then mabye get some interest from customers, well too bad. I have to wait 6 months before signing up again AND I have to buy my kit again.

Sigh. If I can just get some parties booked, I think I'll be okay. At the very least, I'm good to go on sales until December, when my 3 months starts over again. Bottom line is that I sort of feel lied to and I really hate that feeling. I thought I asked all the right questions to get the answers I needed, but I guess I didn't. Buyer beware, as they say.

In other news that's not about me - Connor's (my nephew) dog got attacked by another dog on Sunday and got pretty badly injured. Thankfully they caught it in the act and were able to get Sparky to the vet quickly and she's going to be okay. I guess the owners of the other dog weren't that concerned about it which makes me very angry. You need to be a responsible pet owner. If you have a dog that has viscious tendancies, you need to make sure it's contained. What if that had been Emma instead of Sparky? I'm just glad that everyone is okay.

Nick's work schedule is changing on Monday. He'll go back to M-F 8:00 - 4:30. He'll be more rushed on school nights to get home, get dinner and get back to class, but I think overall it's better. he'll get more quality sleep.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you guys are having a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment