Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cribs n Wigs

Saturday was a busy day! Nick got up and headed off to school and I got up and headed off to mom's. I picked her up at about 9:30ish and we drove downtown to do some wig shoppin'. We met her friend Elaine at Angels In Your Corner. Mom tried on about 6 or so wigs (nothing too goofy there, they were all really nice wigs to choose from) and settled on one that she felt most comfortable in. I think she's headed off to the beautician this week to get her hair cut close.



After wig shopping mom, Elaine and I went to lunch at Perkins. I love Perkins. Nick won't take me there. I had the most delicious Cobb Salad and the ladies got to order soup and salad from the seniors menu. I tried to treat but Elaine insisted on paying her portion.

So then mom decided she wanted to buy us a crib. So from lunch we headed out to Babies R Us and we picked out one that I really liked. I called Nick to see if he wanted to come look at it but I was told he that trusted my judgment. I took a picture of it anyway and sent it to his phone (isn't technology great?) so he could see. Sooooooo we have a crib!!! Well, we're not in physical posession of it yet. The store was out of stock so they've ordered it. We'll have it in about 7 to 10 business days. By the time the crib is here, we'll know if it's a boy or a girl and we can start planning the rest of the nursery! I'm so excited!! The first few months of the pregnancy there really isn't too much to do. I'm excited to have plans and stuff to look forward to.



After baby shopping we went over to my moms and played some cards. then we enjoyed a goooooooood Mexican Fiesta. My dad made stuff for burritos and tacos and taco salad and spanish rice and chile rellanos. I had two burritos and a helping of rice and it was sooooo good. He bought stuff for margaritas but I forgot and didn't have any. So we sat around, ate some good grub and watched HGTV.

In more baby news, Susan and I are busy planning the shower. We're planning Sept 19th at 2:00 at my mom's. Susan picked out the cutest invitations and she'll have those out in the mail to you by the end of this month. Wow, it's August already!!! We're going to be super busy that week. Susan's planning on coming in on the 16th, Nick's graduation ceremony is on the 17th, we're going to do his graduation party on the 18th, then the shower on the 19th and then Susan heads home on the 20th. Whew.

And in MORE baby news, the little bugger is going to be a gymnast, I think. S/he is very active in the evenings after I'd have dinner and I'm laying in bed. The kicks are starting to get a bit harder, less like a flutter and more like an actual kick. We've been trying to see if Nick can feel, the first couple of nights we tried, as soon as he put his hand on my belly all movement stopped. Last night, though, kiddo cooperated and kept up their Rockette's practice. Unfortunately, even though it feels some what hard to me, Nick can't feel it yet.

So that's it. That's my news update. Today is a lazy/productive day. I think we're mostly sticking around the house. We've got some chores to do mixed in with sitting on the couch and doing nothing.

2 comments:

  1. I like the wig in the bottom right. Is that the one she picked?

    Cute crib. You really need to hurry and find out if this baby is a girl or boy. I'm itching to make some cute stuff for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she picked the one on the bottom left. We really liked the one on the bottom right but because it was machine tied, it's heavier and scratchier. The other one is hand tied and is a lot lighter.

    I love the crib! I'm excited to get it and set it up. I wish we could know if it's a boy or girl, I have so much to plan!!!

    ReplyDelete