Friday, August 28, 2009

Shoot

Well, things are coming along rather nicely for little Ben. We got to visit with the Granberg's from Washington this weekend and they brought me a ton of fun goodies for him! I'm so excited to get his room put together!!

The baby shower invites were mailed and I think most every one should be getting them this week, if you haven't already received yours. I made a HUGE error when planning the shower date w/ Susan. I thought I had mom's chemo schedule correct and thought she was getting chemo the Friday after the shower and should be feeling well enough to participate in the shower. Turns out I had it calculated WRONG and she's getting chemo the day of Nick's graduation (which is 2 days before the shower) and will have no immune system. :-( I'm more bummed for her than for me. It sounds like we're going to have a good turn out of family that we haven't got to visit with in awhile and I'm really bummed that she's going to have limited contact with them. And more than that, I'm mad at myself for getting it wrong. I can't change it, plane tickets have been booked and invitations have been sent out. She can't change her chemo schedule, so we'll just have to figure it out. In the end, it's just a party and it's people she's seen before. It's not like she's not going to be here for his birth (which is FAR more important than a party) and she'll get to see family another time. It's more important that she get better so she can fully enjoy little Ben when he gets here.

We considered having a garage sale tomorrow to get rid of some stuff we have piled up. Not sure we're going to as it's Friday and I've done absolutely nothing to prepare for it. I also hate doing garage sales and I'm not sure what kind of a turn out we'd get, tucked back in our cul de sac the way we are. I don't want to just give away my crap but I need to get it out so I can have Nick start painting the nursery.

I've been bidding on some maternity clothes on eBay. I think I'm gonna lose the pants I bid on (super good deal - 3 pairs of pants and my max bid was $40. even with the $13 shipping, it still works out to about $18/pair) as there's 5 days left on the auction and we're already at my max bid. Oh well, I'll just find something else to bid on.

Nick's finally done with school! Next quarter starts the 2nd week of September. We're starting the 2nd year of Saturday classes. Yay us. Not sure what new lovely schedule EDS will give him to "accommodate" his school schedule but I'm fully expecting it to be CRAP. It's okay. It's only a year a and a half more. We've got 2 down of torture, we can handle a year and a half more. We can do it. :-) That's my mantra.

Well, that's the update for now. Chat more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment