Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vertigo!



So I went to the doctor today. I have vertigo. Doesn't that sound like fun?? not really.

Since Monday I've been feeling pretty awful - dizzy, sick to my stomach and this rushing noise in my ears (and no, it's not the wind running through my empty head). It would kind of come and go. Last night I thought I'd beaten it back - I took some Excedrin, my headache cleared and so did the noise in my head. Well, I woke up this morning and it was back. I felt awful. I went into work and between Susan, my mom & Amy, I was nagged into calling the doctor. I went in, fully expecting to be told it was an ear infection and give a few drops and sent on my way.

Well, my ears are fine. No redness, no swelling, no infection. She thinks the vertigo might have been brought on by a viral infection (gee....where would I have gotten that from - NICK) and should clear itself up with in 7 to 10 days. If I'm still having symptoms, I'm to go back (if I haven't thrown myself off a building before then). She gave me options for a over the counter drug used to treat sea-sickness or a prescription that does the same thing. We'll see.

Right now, I feel okay. I had a headache earlier, so I took more Excedrin and the wooshing in my ears went away. Amy had told me earlier to work til my appointment then go home. So I'm sitting at home, feeling super guilty because I feel kinda okay and really should go back to work. I have a boat load of stuff to do.

Well, I'm off to go eat lunch. We'll see how it goes after food.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! My father-in-law has Vertigo and believe me, I know how terrible it can be. He's been on several different types of meds for it and I think that he's finally found one that sorta/kinda works for him. But as far as illnesses go, there have been times when he's been so sick that he's taken a week or more off of work.

    Let me know how it's going with this!

    ReplyDelete